Thursday, March 5, 2015

Project Candy Box - February Review



Project Candy Box is a new Canadian Candy subscription service. The cost is about $20, but with shipping and taxes I'm paying $27 per month. Boxes ship around the middle of the month.

The boxes are wonderfully decorated in a Project Candy Box green design and come with a thank you card that links to a review of the items. This didn't work for me last month, but it did today.


"February is the month of Valentine's day. After red roses and Hallmark cards, men and women flock to the stores to pick up something sweet for their spouse, partner or even a first date. Love, like or hate this holiday, one thing is obvious; nothing says you care like candy and chocolate!
Valentine's day is what inspired this month's theme but LOVE and CARING are some of the core traits of everyone here at Project Candy Box.
Enjoy this month's box and make sure to share it with the people who you love. Make sure not to feed the dog any chocolate."
First glance, I like what I see! (Side note, my mouse has broken so the photos will not be edited for this post nor any post for a while. And if it appears I took the photos while holding a fussing baby, you would be right. I really wanted to eat the candy so I had to get it done quick before she really wanted to eat".

Kancho cookies from Korea. I liked these, some family member said they tasted like soap. 

Milka! One of my absolute favorite chocolate brands. From Germany.


Red hots (not approved by the toddler), sweethearts and sweet hearts. All lovely and V-day appropriate.. All consumed quickly. Turkish delight from England.


A ring pop (so cute! The only ring I want to be given this time of year), 2 drumsticks from England and a 2 box of Baci chocolates from Italy. The later were so good. I'd say better than that gold candy that appears at christmas time.

Korean gummy worms. Don't eat these. They taste awful. 


What I like is Project Candy Box seems to be putting great care in to the cureration of the box and to bring quality low-mid price ranges candies to your door. I estimated the value of this box to be between $20 and $26 so I feel comfortable that you are getting what you're paying (but it's nothing crazy like those boxes that claim to be 2 -3 times their value). 

It's Candy. It's Canadian. It's wonderful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment