Monday, March 23, 2015

Notoriously Morbid Blogger Review Pack and Shadow Bind

Notoriously Morbid is a beauty company that I first heard about through following another company on social media. I read reviews, followed Notoriously Morbid, and on Black Friday, I snagged a beautiful shade of blue (Silent Samurai), a couple of duochromes, and the Krampus Kisser collection. Silent Samurai is so beautiful, I decided to order the blogger review pack.

First, consumer service has been incredible. For some reason, my order was held and I was contacted to ask if I wanted to purchase more or ship now. I had been pacing, hoping for the shipping notice but took it as sign to order a few more items to test including the newly released Shadow Bind, a sticky primer.

Here is my review.



I received a Coffin Kisser and 5 shadow baggies. 


 As mentioned, I added on Shadow Bind and the February COTM, Norwegian Wood ($2.50 for a mini, $5.50 for full size). Included was a sample of "That's why her hair is so big, it's full of secrets" or hair from here on out. 

 The ingredient list for those interested.

The Coffin Kisser was wrapped, in case of accidental melting?


The flavor I was sent was Impala Peach. This smells like peach powdered drink - which is good if you like that. The flavor on this one wasn't as yummy as the Sugar Cookie Santa Kisser I have but just as wonderfully moisturizing. I love these. And they don't have olive oil! 

Now to the swatches! I used bar skin, primer, Shadow Bind, and Glamour Doll Eyes Glitter Fix. Both the adhesives were used over primer. At first, was hurried to see if I could get the swatches done while the baby was napping so my technique was a bit off and I apologize my lines are not as clean as I thought I could do. 


 Kompanion No. 9 (reminds me of Karn Evil 9)  to me this is a lovely mid-gray lavender with sparkle. This is from the Doctor collection. It's pretty. 


 Ebenezer, I Release You - A mauve with sparkle, over shadow bind there might be a blue shift. This is from a Christmas collection. It works really well with ShadownBind. 

And here I had to take a break to feed the baby. She was done waiting. You can see how well the shadows stuck.

 Ladder to Hell. This is lovely! Look for this one and Norwegian Wood in the video. It's a brownish mauve with a pink shift. I think I might _have_ to get this in a full size. 

 Another image to show the shift.


 Douglas Fir - a matte green with a blue shift in the bag. I wasn't (and haven't) been able to bring out the blue so I thinking it might be an unintended reaction that is really pretty. This is a lovely green. Edit: the blue is pressure sensitive. It might be that I have a light hand! I'm going to try again to see if I can get the blue. This is from a collection I think is inspired by Army of Darkness/Evil Deab but I'm not sure...

 Douglas Fir again.



 I Wanna Do Girly Stuff - a bright matte pink. From Slayee wave 3. It's for Buffy. 



 To show the matte over the shadown bind and glitter glue. Not friends.



That's Why Her Hair Is So Big, It's Full Of Secrets - also lovely. A shimmery matte brown with a taupe shift. 



 To show the shift. 




Norwegian Wood - a rich brown with golden sparkles. I think I love this one too. No, I do love this one. 


 Another image, just because. 

Showing all the swatches in the light. Ordered as above in bottom to top. 




 And in the sun.

A video: 





After 4 hours: 


At the end of the day:


I'd say the shadow bind and glitter fix both do a great job. Some shadows pick one over the other and I think it will take some time to get to know which one would fit better. I've also tested two brushes to apply Norwegian Wood, which suggests to me that application has a factor in longevity of these pigments.



I applied Ladder to Hell over the lid, and Norwegian Wood in the corner/crease. I then used shadow bind for the inner corner and middle line and added Elbenzer and more Ladder to Hell. I foiled Girly Stuff to use as a liner. 


I had some extra liner, so we decorated. I don't do this look justice. It was really pretty, and I like the unique for me matte liner.


Look 2:

 I wanted to see if I could pull the blue out of the Douglas Fir, and I can't. 


 Here's the little distraction.




I absolutely love Give Me 20 as a highlight and I was pleased to say that this look lasted all day.  I would like to add my blending is fairly well done considering I was holding a baby. :)

TD;DR: Notoriously Morbid. Great customer service. I love the coffin kisser, peach isn't as good as sugar cookie for flavor. I am impressed with both the sparkly amazing douchromes, and the matte shadows. I need more practice with the mattes as I'm still patching applying them. I wouldn't have chosen Ladder to Hell, but it's lovely. I think if used only on primer, it might even be work-safe. The browns are pretty. For most of the shadows, Glitter Fix seemed to hold a tad better, but Shadow Bind was really good. Again, this might come down to technique and taking time to apply. These might not be the easiest shadows to work with, but the payoff is there. Do give them a try!




No comments:

Post a Comment