Thursday, March 19, 2015

Fugal challenge - foundation


Ever since trying the Meow Foundation, and from reading other blogs where it seems _everyone_ but me uses a really nice foundation, I've been trying not to pull the trigger on a larger sampling. I contacted Meow looking for help because I realized I'm so lost. They are having a great St. Patrick's sale, and I wanted to order a few travel size munckins to test. As I can't evern tell if I'm pink/yellow/green nor if the shade I picked as too light or too dark, I needed something. Anything. Just a little help to narrow down the choices to maybe 4. Their reply discouraged me as they simple said to google foundation and go from there.

So, I've been checking foundations out on Sephora. I almost pulled the trigger on a $100+ order today when I recalled that I might just have something. I found my stash of memebox products yet to be used:

I figure I should test each one of these (all but one are from Meme boxes) for about one week each. This is putting off my foundation purchase for a month minimum and will probably give me three to four tries of each one.



Here are the shades on me. I don't know if any of them will work, but maybe it will help me narrow down what features I am looking for. 

Oh, and it's 1. Buying me time from purchasing allowing me to pay more on debt while deciding further. 2. Being able to decide if I should chuck it or use it for a few items (yay minimalism!).

I might still buy a couple brands from Sephora (during this, my shopping ban) but I'm feeling pretty good I'm trying something new (old stuff I have) and I'm making a good frugal decision.

How did you find your foundation? Do you also find foundation incredibly intimidating?

No comments:

Post a Comment