Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Chinovi order - Cake Pop love 💖



You know when you get a sample and you just can't get it out of your head? That's what Chinovi (find them on Storenvy) did to me. I've made one purchase before (and I can't remember why but something left me suspicious of the company - maybe the shipping cost or time?). I also was dragging my feet because I didn't want to order for just one shadow. One amazing, beautiful shadow that I have nothing like.

So I did it! I added on some brow powders as I want to experiment with those, and one shade I wanted to order last time, and my two favorites from the new The Tasting Menu (check it out!).

Here are my goodies! I didn't get a shipping notification for some reason, and I actually emailed to ask about TAT (maybe that was what took so long last time?) the same day they arrived! Fast! 

Two free samples! And generous samples! Monster was a shade I wanted for my first order, and business is a shade I already know I like. It's one that works well as a transition for me. I also LOVE Aphrodite.

Oh No! Good thing the jars are super shrink wrapped. 


Because these babies are super filled up! 


Here's the shade I was going to order solo - Cake Pop. 


Look at how gorgeous it is! It's a white that transforms into this wonderful pinky-purple highlight masterpiece.



Here's my order again. I want to mention the lid art is so pretty and a much higher quality than my first order. Sorry, I took close-ups and comparisons but can't see to locate them right now. Chinovi has really classed up and they didn't need to. *love*



From Top to Bottom (ignore the rash from my FitBit, it makes me so sad, I love that device):
Tree
Cake Pop
Creme de Macron
Escargot
Monster
Business


Up close and in a different focus.





Trying to show the shift up close. Look at business down there just sparkling away.


Just an FYI - showing the difference between the two shades of brown. I think given my colouring both of these will work for me. Tree is just sitting there, looking all nice.

I'm so glad I gave Chinovi another chance, and I retrospectively wish I had ordered the full Tasting Menu set. I considered ordering minis, but I despise clam shells - which was the prior system of samples. Based on my brow sample, I think Chinovi has moved towards jars instead. Yay!

Unfortunately, I dumped my Chinovi Blush, Vanessa last night just after falling in love with it... so I guess I might have to make another order soon! 

Have you tried the Tasting Menu? What shops are you glad you gave a second chance to?

No comments:

Post a Comment