Thursday, March 12, 2015

NM VC Feb Swatches



Here I am testing out two sets of brushes to blend. The ones on the photo left appear much better, blending at least. I'm still in it. ;)


Last year, I bought an expensive set of brushes. We're talking over $100 US. Nothing too crazy, but the most I'd spent. I also bought a slightly cheaper set at the time. Although I've carried the expensive with me every where I've traveled (it comes in a cup!), I never actually used it. I looked at it every day but didn't feel confident I should test it out. I didn't think I was good enough. Well.. I've finally started. 

I've already written a blurb on the February VC, so I'm just going to go into details here.
The five February Colours, Both Purehearts (from January and February). My regular ol' concealer brush - what I usually use to "pack and pat" on loose shadows.



Geesh, who are these women to objectify men. Wait.. you can see my coffee cup. Nevermind...

Enticing Elba, Hell Hot Hardy, Handsome Hiddleston, Lustful Lincoln, Captivating Cumberbatch.


All swatches are done over control freak primer (which did run short on the back side). The first swipe is more patted on using a concealer brush, the second is more fluffed on using a bulkier eye shadow brush.

In the shade: Enticing Elba, Hell Hot Hardy, Handsome Hiddleston, Lustful Lincoln, Captivating Cumberbatch.


Left to right: Pureheart (2), Pureheart, and Lustful Lincoln.


And in the sun: Enticing Elba, Hell Hot Hardy, Handsome Hiddleston, Lustful Lincoln, Captivating Cumberbatch.

More in the sun. Top to bottom: Pureheart (2), Pureheart, Lustful Lincoln. 

This post is part test for me to see the difference in swatching two brushes, and how to start using primer/bare skin/glitter adhesives in swatching. Although not pretty, I've learned more for my own technique for when I have time to make things prettier. I also want to note that Glitter Fix kept most of the colours on my arm for over three hours. Three hours of exposure to me picking up an infant and a toddler. Impressive.

I appear to be missing the last photo. Pureheart (2) lasted far longer than the original Pureheart. Hot Hardy seems to have noticeably stained my arm as well as Enticing Elba left minor staining. 

No comments:

Post a Comment