Monday, March 23, 2015

Dark Matter Anti-Gravity Sticky Primer and what was I sent?


As mentioned, I tried out some samples from Dark Matter (find them on Etsy) and I liked a few of the shades on my first try to order some full sizes. 

But... what do I see? I didn't order Ursa Major, I ordered Cassiopeia. 

Time for science! I have the samples, let us compare and see which one it is!


Swatched left to right: Cassiopeia, mystery full size, Ursa Major, Space Cowboy, PI.E, and Libra because I had "room" and I wanted to see it again. Top to bottom is: Bare skin, Dark Matter's Anti-Gravity (awesome name!), Primer (I believe it was my first time using Urban Decay Primer Potion!) and Darling Girl Glitter Glue over primer.

I used a shadow brush and did a fairly heavy swatch.


With flash and bright lights as pictures couldn't be taken until the kidlets were asleep.  Left to right: Cassiopeia, mystery full size, Ursa Major, Space Cowboy, PI.E, and Libra. Top to bottom is: Bare skin, Dark Matter's Anti-Gravity, Primer (UDPP) and Darling Girl Glitter Glue over primer.





Cassiopeia is just lovely!* *over a sticky primer. The other shades are lovely as well. I really need to remember to always use primers and for these shadows it appears a sticky base is key.



Top to bottom: PI.E, Space Cowboy, and Ursa Major.



Top to bottom: Libra (notice the shift is trying to appear),  PI.E, and Space Cowboy. Sparkle sparkle.


Here we have the arm a couple hours later (because I could just leave it). Darling Girl glitter glue has held up better (especially with PI.E, Space Cowboy and Libra), but Gravity isn't too far behind. Dark Matter's Ursa Major is looking more beautiful as I review these swatches, clearly is the shade that has the most staying power. I suspect this might stain, but it works well with primer only.

I have been impressed with Dark Matter and I suspect they are quite clean with how they handle their cosmetics. I'll be posting more on Gravity as my shopping ban resumes ;)

Oh, and clearly my mislabeled tube was what I ordered, Cassiopeia. I've contacted Dark Matter and I should have a new label sent to me. The nerd that needs labels to be correct and look pretty is delighted. The same nerd that was excited to test these out tonight. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment