Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Mail Day! Notoriously Morbid


Notoriously Morbid recently released a beautiful set of the Unseelie and Seelie court. I decided to pick up a few of the shades (yey fiscally responsible!) to test as I feel I may want to order the full set. The highlighter included in this set is the Gift of Life from the Game of Thrones vanishing cabinet. I have not been using it as much as I should. It's lovely. 

Shipping seems to take a long time to get here, and there has been much drama around this company/company facebook group. It is calmed down and I'm waiting to make my decisions on how I feel about what happened. Ultimately, it might come down to how I feel about the products (and the shipping/recieving process) as that is what matters.

Here's my orders!


Three of the new colours, a old colour, blush minis, shadow bind for a gift, two freebie sample bags and a freebie J/A.R/V.I.S is my co-pilot. 



I've read that similar pale girls use Necromancy to contour. I also like my numerology blush encouraging me to pick up astrology. Now that I see it written, I feel like I should have stuck with what I liked. Astrology seems a similar pink (less gold sparkle) to the Happy Endings blush from the VC last month.


Bottom of the jars. The Daoin Sidhe is the newest blush.



An FYI - this is the third tube change I've seen for the shadow bind. I have this tube style with a doe-foot applicator. I've had to read the page again as I wasn't expecting a squeeze tube. This is the same format as glitter glue from darling girl, and I find it's not my favorite. I usually have more product waste and I do tend to over apply. It might be part of the learning curve - but more I've seen the trial tubes (glass with doe foot applicator), first tubes (squeeze with doe foot) and these (squeezey tubes).




My pretty shadow lids.



Same order, Left to right (same as swatched below), Ebeneezer I release you, JARVIS is my copilot, Chaos Reigns, Fight for Beauty, and Use your Magik. 



Finger swatch over shadow bind (I do a quick hand sanitize before touching my shadows but I should still stop this habit).



Fight for Beauty is so gorgeous in person. It's blue and green and amazing. 



Here we are mostly looking at JARVIS. It is nice.
 


And a close up. Normally, shadows do not look this patch over shadow bind. I was too eager to wait for it to get tacky, and there was a lot going on. 

Did you pick up the Unseelie/Seelie set? When you find a blush/shadow/lip/product you like from a company do you stick with it or try other similar items as well? Are you patient as well? I ordered these in April and they just got here. Does potty training your kids drive you crazy as well?

No comments:

Post a Comment