Thursday, June 25, 2015

Dupes? Brown/Blue comparisons

Here I am looking for dupes. I love dual shades and brown-blue (and sparkles!) happen to be my favorites.


Make-up Geek Insomnia (~$9)
Urban Decay Solstice (~$20)
Darling Girl Sierra (~$5.90)
Backstreets Algae ($6)
My Pretty Zombie Trepanation ($5)
Glamour Doll Eyes Dinospotz ($6, discontinued) 


The jars. Do note they differ in volume. All were purchased by me in the past 12 months. 

I was totally expected to see some of these look exactly like each other (they have on my hand swatches!). I used these over a glitter adhesive (Glamour Doll Eyes Glitter Fix), a primer (Urban Decay Primer Potion) and bare skin. 

Left to right: MUG, UD, DG, BS, MPZ, GDE.


Left to right: MUG, UD, DG, BS, MPZ, GDE.


Left to right: MUG, UD, DG, BS, MPZ, GDE.


My Pretty Zombie: Trepanation -,

Glamour Doll Eyes: Dinospotz - 



Darling Girl: Sierra -

Backstreets: Algae - 


Urban Decay: Solstice -

Make-up Geek: Insomnia - 


I am surprised at how different these all came out. While the sheen is there, they each stand alone. Perhaps it is because the brown bases differ, or the added sparkles differ. I left these on my arm (but I am sadly too tired to add the detailed descriptions at this time) and although they rub down to a less dramatic changes, they still stand alone. Although this could be due to glitter fix drag, all but the Glamour Doll Eye shadow preform nearly identical on the UDPP as the glitter fix. 

Check out the video and see if you agree I can justify having all six shades for now. 




No comments:

Post a Comment