Saturday, June 6, 2015

Five Favorite Collections



I've been pondering what collections would I suggest to someone wanted to expand to something new. These are some of my favorites.



1. Darling Girl Cosmetics: Who Ya Gonna Call?
I love the purples and I was surprised how much I loved the light shades and even the "out of my comfort norm" There is No Dana. It's a great mix of highlight, crease, lid, nuetral and bright. I bought the sample size and wish I would have opted for full. Worth the wait.




2. Glamour Doll Eyes: That's Awkward 
Maybe it's because I still get to be a teenage watching the show, and I can pretend it's clever as it's written by and stares members of MENSA, but I love to get my Awkward on. Some of these are already on the best sellers list. My favorite is of course, New Girl with an honorable mention to Outie 5000.


3. Shiro Cosmetics: Seven Kingdoms
Again, fan girl may have bought the collection (the lid art is divine!) but the girl who wants to be good at makeup loves the colours. Mother of Dragons is an internet favorite, but I'm partial to Salt and Stone, No Men Like Me, Master of Whispers and Maiden Queen. It's a great collection of neutrals with just a touch of brights. This is a collection I would highly recommend even if you choose samples/minis and don't get the artwork.



4. Brija Cosmetics Glamour To Go. This is a super cute, easy to wear "welcome to make-up!" set. I would recommend this to someone who just wants to try wearing something new. The colours are simple, but classic. 




5. Innocent and Twisted Endless Rain. This was the first set that I bought in completion so it hold a spot close to my heart. I love how light these shades are and how well they all fit together. My favorites are 1000 Cherry Trees, and Needs More Lace. The lid art on this set is also beautiful. I want to go back and try several of these again using some of the nicer sticky bases I have.


Honorary Mentions:




Honorable Mentions:


Femme Fatale Cosmetics Spell Weaver. My love for WoW goes to as much depth as these colours. I only have select shades from these (medal for self-control please :P). Any of the five World of Warcraft collections are welcomed gifts. *hint hint*


Hello Waffle Catssic Literature Collection. Just look at that lid art! I have a couple shades from this collection, and I giggle a tiny bit every time I use Call Me Ish-meow. Also check out the seductive Hisster Pryne.

TL;DR I like neutrals, purples, greens and sparkles. Add some cute artwork and you'll hear me squee! In all honestly, I think a great starting set includes a range of complemntary colours, something special and lots of love.

What are your favorite sets? Do you like to amass collections? 

No comments:

Post a Comment