Sunday, May 17, 2015

Mail Day! Sixteen92 the circle, summer edition

I want(ed) to try more indie perfumes, and had narrowed my selections to a few stores. By great luck, sixteen92 was one, and once I heard about the circle, I waited to place my order. The circle is a four season subscription box that does not renew. Subscribers get to be first in line to try the new scents (and learn if sixteen92 is my stink pretty match). The total for this services was something around $100. 

The card is so pretty! I'm also impressed with how well wrapped the samples are and the braclet. An FYI two of my gems were loose. Not a big concern except I'm keeping a close eye to match sure no babies stick them in their mouth until I can find my jewelry pliers. 



Ziplock bag with logo.


Here are the five samples. It looks like a lot of product to test. I have only been using dabs on my wrists. Is there something more I should be doing?

I am so glad the scent descriptions are listed. So far, the beautiful and the damned is my favorite. I tested it first before going to bed, and I think it might have been lingering in the morning. It smells nice and not over powering. I am considering getting something in this scent if I can budget it in. 

Blood and Honey. I just get baby powder from this one. I actually get baby powder from all of these. The husband equivalent stumbled on my scents, and did not like this one. He could smell "Blood and Honey". 

Eternal Return. Nothing too strong yet. Need to try this (and update). 

Paper Moon. This one is okay. It's floral to me (maybe the tea?) and when I put it on at first I thought it might be one of those that you can't wear out as the scent is too strong. It's calmed down to something reasonable, and 12+ hours later is still on my wrists. 

Theda. I want to try this one. From the descriptions, I expected this to be my favorite. 

I think we also got a sample from the regular line (yey!!), mine was Illona. Again, I'll update once I get a chance to wear the scent. 

For my first Circle shipment, I'm very glad I signed up, and I'm looking forward to seeing a full year cycle of scents. I believe spots for the circle will open for everyone April next year. 




No comments:

Post a Comment