Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Decluttering: my shoes

Finally, I think I've found all the packed boxes that had shoes!



Here they are again: I have 33 pairs. Not pictured is a pair of mud boots. Average american women has 28. 

It kinda kills me how much I've spent on shoes. And how so many of my "good deal" shoes are the ones that hurt, don't fit or I don't love. My take home message of the excercise: STOP BUYING GOOD DEALS!


The ones that I am keeping, some to be decided on through trial wears:

I know I can get this down more, and some of these shoes will be/are assigned special jobs such as "work shoes", "gardening shoes", "rainy day running shoes".


The ones that I will be donating/tossing:


I really need to repeat to myself that I am too old to wear uncomfortable shoes that go as far as making my feet bleed with blisters. Many of these haven't been worn more than a couple times around the house and I think they can find a home. Others don't suit my lifestyle. Gosh, I get so attached. I know I'll miss them. But, a house with only what we need will be better 😀

This took me about an afternoon (little more because the children help 😉). I'd recommend you do the same. 

How many shoes do you have? How often, if ever, do you purge?

No comments:

Post a Comment