Sunday, May 3, 2015

Espionage cosmetics Expo Exclusive!!


Espionage Cosmetics is a company that I have wanted to try out for some time. However, I hadn't bite the shipping trigger nor was I able to find many reviews online on which colours, shades and products to try out. I'm not sure how much of the company was crowd-funded but I believe the Nailed It wraps became real from a kickstarter campaign.

Imagine my delight when I found them at the Comic Expo! Plus they had made an exclusive 2015 Gamer Geek Beauty Bundle. My credit was whipped out so fast it had to recover from whiplash. 

Here's the packaging. I love the expo girl. I can't recall the exact price, it was in the range of about $50. It was also sold at both the espionage booth and the expo store. FYI - if any of the ladies working at the store are reading this every single one of your had amazing wings! I'm going to be practicing so hard to try to get to your skill level. I also just about met Anne Wheaton but I'm a dumbass distracted by my baby. Prices seem slightly higher than other companies but it doesn't strike me as overpriced.


Included were two exclusive Calgary only comic nail wraps. These are both glittery and glow in the dark. I might try them out if I go camping this summer. A bonus item was the adorable teeny tiny nail file also made just for the expo.


Very cute comic card of how to apply. I think I can do this. 


Close up for the glitter. I think they used Calgary based comics. 


Another angle trying to get a clear image.



The other goodies - an Emily Exop lip serum, and the exclusive convention colour. 

Wait for it... 
Sparkle-Nado!! Get it? Like Shark-nado? Which isn't that far from Espionage and their work? Love it! 



Here's the blue sparkle ocean. 


And because we need another picture of the lid and sifter sealer off.


I splattered these over top of glitter fix from Glamour Doll Eyes which seems to do okay for staying power. It did work to show of the sparkles. Sparkle-Nado (exclusive on the left, Bamf (from the comic book collection) on the right. 


 Sparkle-Nado (exclusive on the left, Bamf (from the comic book collection) on the right. Natural light. Loving it.



Just another angle.  Sparkle-Nado (exclusive on the left, Bamf (from the comic book collection) on the right.

I feel lucky to have snagged a limited edition Calgary Expo Espionage Cosmetics Geek beauty set. Besides Bamf, I picked up three other shadows (Josephine Baker, E.V.P and Astral Plane). Let me know if you want me to get those swatched ASAP.

Please share your experiences with Espionage Cosmetics! Have you tried them? What's your favorite colour? Did the nail wraps last 2-3 weeks for you? Did you know they have a subscription box?

No comments:

Post a Comment