Tuesday, July 8, 2014

My biggest temptation: Lululemon

I think it's no secret to those who know me my biggest stress coping mechanism has come from Lululemon. It was never a problem until I emotionally fell apart, and started using my love of lulu (which is really strong) to help push me in the right direction. Even then, it wasn't so bad. At first. But, it did get out of hand. I know this because I have/had over 40 items listed on eBay that I haven't even taken the tags off. Almost all acquired innocently, and with good intentions.

I refused the brand for the longest time, and one of my boyfriends pushed me for years to try. He eventually just started buying me items from the causal line. A remix hoodie, some amazing knee socks, short shorts for my pole dancing class. This was back in 2007. By 2009, I bought my first running tights, technical shirt and a sports bra that (OMG) fit! I was hooked, mostly because I wanted to do more physical activity JUST to wear the clothes. I was (and still am to a lesser extent) very strict on only wearing my athletic clothes for athletic activities.

But now, I want need to get myself out of debt. Because much of my debt source comes from an emotional burden, I feel I would do best to clear it, and start fresh. A couple years of pushing myself, seeking to better myself psychologically, and growing stronger. I think it's important for my well being to get back to where I was when it all started to fall apart. I think I still mention everyday that I had over $30,000 in savings on the day my daughter was born. Then I start spiraling into focusing  on how I am now in $50,000+ of debt.

I've stayed away from Lululemon and many wonderful bloggers for a while, but I crashed last week. I found out last night that the black (and regular) camo speed shorts were to be uploaded last night. And the matching energy bra (my favorite before the baby for running). It was a rough night.






But I got through it. 

And I think it's time to be proud of myself, and focus on how I should  will be able to get my baby student loan to under $4000 this month. Which is going to feel much better than a pair of new shorts. That I might not even be able to wear for a year. Have I mentioned I currently have more pairs of shorts than days over 20 degrees Celsius where I live? 

What can get you to forget your goals and spend money like it's out of style? How do you fight your temptations?

No comments:

Post a Comment