Tuesday, July 22, 2014

My average clothing cost day

There once was a time where my work-out clothes were only for getting sweaty, and just for getting sweaty. That meant as soon as I was done working out, back they went on my shelf to be worn for the next work out (cutting down on the wear of washing) or to be washed (as who wants to stink?). Some exceptions existed, like going shopping after a yoga class, or walking the dog after a run. But there was no way I was going to wear them other wise* *Exception came into place when I was training myself to get up at 6 am or earlier to run. To limit the number of obstacles to getting out the door, I started sleeping in my run clothes. It worked to help establish the routine which eventually became something I loved.

Somewhere in the middle of my first pregnancy (I'm currently in my second) my Lululemon become casual clothes. Which also allowed me the incorrect privilege of thinking that I could purchase some work out clothes for just lounging. I even had friends promote and encourage this idea! Very strongly.

Today is a perfect example of a daily outfit. I'm pregnant again, and I'm wearing a shirt that I bought last pregnancy with intentions to sell when I was done. I kept it just in case - so can I count some savings here? I have on a No Limit Tank (built in bra) $64, a tunic from Lole ($88), Lululemon panties ($18), and Dance Studio Crops ($88). My shoes are cheap runners from Old Navy ;) . Total cost $258. Before taxes. My guess is this would be the average of what I wear. In the winter with layering, I'm probably over $600 most days. It doesn't take long with a $50 scarf and a $110 hoodie.

*sigh*

I miss the days before debt when I had disposable income. In those times, this didn't seem so ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment