Monday, July 7, 2014

Indie Cosmetics Review - Chinovi

After receiving a sample of Chinovi blush in my Glamour Doll Eyes OTM (which I actually haven't tried yet) I really wanted to try some of the OMG - Oh My Gods eye shadows. The first edition, Greek Gods appealed to me more than the newer Rome edition. I felt like these shipped and arrived very soon, especially with a longer published turn-around time on the site. I ordered on June 19th and I received the package on July 2nd. 

  The eye shadows arrived in a super cute baggie with two yummy candy chews. There even was a personalized thank you on the order invoice. I thought it was very nice and thoughtful.

Not only did I get the 9 shadows (7 full-size, 2 sample size), I got a sample baggie of Satin, an eye shadow and Madison, a blush. Here they are looking pretty. The regular line has the Chinovi box label, and the Greek Gods have the OMG label. I also got some (free) candy.



Here are the colours I selected to try; Aphrodite, Zeus, Dionysus, Princess, Cloud, Last Day, Venus, Athena and Business. 

Did I mention how delicious the candy was? The sweeTarts chew was heavenly.






The sample sizes are quite voluminous, and the full sizes are packed! I feel like the full size is a good value ($5) for the money.  Below I compare two full sizes of princess and Aphrodite to the sample jar of Athena. The two pinks are so gorgeous, and my suspicion that they would be almost too similar was correct. Princess is a bit more matte compared to the sparkle or Aphrodite (which is gorgeous). 



How did they last?







Here's a look I put together with Zeus, Dionysus, Aphrodite, and princess over Body Shop's Insta-blur, a face primer. Zeus is gorgeous, and very sparkly. There was a little fall-out on my cheeks but I attribute that to my lack of skills using brushes and powered shadows (hence why I'm trying to blog about it). I thought they lasted quite well even though the sparkly bits no longer remained. Four hours later, I had a subtle pink/wine/black look. 

I tried the sample shadow, Satin, with no primer the next day, and as I expected, there was no evidence it had touched my eyelids even 30 minutes later. You'll definitely need to use a primer. If you know a good one, please share!

If I'm brave enough to share, I'll show what the other colours look like later. 


No comments:

Post a Comment