Sunday, July 20, 2014

Indie Gift Box: July

Surf's up!

I love, love, LOVE this box! I'm going to be so sad when my subscription runs out :(

This month was based on Paradise Found and I noticed the box (now?) ships from Hawaii. I think I might take the pretty surf picture into work to decorate my desk and make it feel a bit more like summer.


The box arrived  in mint condition this time!


The first thing I noticed was the smell of the two soaps. These are from Filthy Farmgirl are are made in Hawaii. Filthy surfer smells quite strong and I think the scent from the smaller Aloha Hula Girl comes from pineapple. I think I like them but I don't know if I'll be able to use them because I have allergies to coconut - a main ingredient. The lip Balm smells sooo good, just like a Bounty candy but as it's named Coconut Smoochie, I probably cant have it either. Value of the soaps $15.

I adore and am not taking off the beautiful starfish hair clip by Ms. Formaldehyde ($9). It did cross my mind that I hope the starfish didn't die exclusively for my hair, but I'm trying to rationalize it's a far better purpose than the starfish that died for my university Biology classes. I love this!



Also included note cards from Erin McManness ($9) and some nail decals from Lacquer by Lisa ($4). These are both nice. I hope I'll be able to put the nail decals on correctly.  



Here is the box in it's full glory. Total value $37, my cost $24.50 plus $12 shipping. Also included was a $5 off coupon to FlipSidez - which I'm going to have to try very hard not to give in to. I would really like to stay on budget. *repeats to self: need to save for the baby on the way*

No comments:

Post a Comment