Sunday, July 20, 2014

Beauty Box 5 Limited Edition Summer Days Box

Okay... I gave in and splurged on this box, and crossed my fingers that I would be getting something great for my $39 (plus $15 shipping). Its the Beauty Box 5 Limited Edition Summer Days Box.

I think I did alright.

I felt the summer days box calling to me even though the summer nights box sold out faster.

I love product cards because I'm such a beauty noob I would have no idea what was in them. 


The box upon opening. Looking very promising!




Another sample of Hello, which I'm happy to get. I appear to have lost my first sample, and I like the scent. $55 for 1.7 oz, assume sample size $1. Also include BH Cosmetics sampler (see below), La Fresh Facial Cleaning Wipes ($19.99 for 48, $3.30 for 8) a nail polish from Nubar ($8) that I probably won't use because of the harsh smell and my new but strong love for Julep. 

Unless they made a few collections, I already received this one. I think it came from Ipsy. I've used it once or twice for a quick bit of colour before work. As this is an sample size, I'll assume $1.

Next a few useful products that will be replacing ones that get used up. H2O Plus hand and nail cream ($15/6oz, $2.50 sample), H2O Plus SPA sea lotus body wash (18/12.5 ox, $1.44 sample) and Design Essentials natural curl enhancing mousse ($15.99/7.5 oz, $3.83 sample). I received the mousse a month or two ago in my Beauty Box 5, and it's alright. I have to use it with a combination of products but it does try to keep my hair from going too poofy.


The Cativa precision eye liner ($20) was included. I can't seem to get a really great line with this one around the corners of my eyes, but maybe I'm already getting too wrinkly ;) But the most important and exciting product is the Eslor soothing cream (full size, $65). I had a sample packet of this cream, and it felt amazing one. There is no way I would have bought it at regular price, but I am going to use this!

The total value for my $54 is roughly $98.07 and I got a very expensive product I'm looking forward to using once the reno's are almost done. Note without this cream, the value of the box is $33.07 and for a "summer days" box, there was no SPF products. Odd. Not sure if I'll order another limited edition in the near future, but I'm very happy with this one.

If  you want to check out the subscription from Beauty Box 5 at $12/month plus $3 shipping to Canada, you can do so here.

No comments:

Post a Comment