Friday, June 27, 2014

June Topbox review




Topbox is a Canadian Subscription box than sends 4 samples monthly for $12 plus taxes. Sometimes you can gift a limited edition collection (ranging from $26 - $55 ) with a six-month Topbox subscription (for an additional cost). There generally is a waiting list for Topbox, and referrals work by email (no links provided). 

Because I was curious, and feeling emotionally spendy late one time I ordered a limited edition box with a subscription (will soon expire) and this was my first month that my email invite provided me access. Because I'm not sure how many months the wait-list periods are, I signed up knowing I might get duplicates. This month, I have two boxes. I should have the same or very similar profile for both boxes.



The first box:
China glaze nail lacquer in an easy to forget pink, $12
Bioderma Atoderm Stick Moisterizing Lip Balm $7
Laroche-Posay Anthelios 60 sunscreen, $30 for 50 mL, estimated $1.80 
Vasanti Cosmetics Brighten Up! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator (20g, $5.50)
Total value: $26.30






The second box:
China Glaze Nail Lacquer in Wait N' Sea (14ml full size, $12)
Barefoot Venus Lip Fable in Honey (4g full size, $7.50) 
Bioderma Atoderm Gentle Shower Gel (100ml, $3)
Vasanti Cosmetics Brighten Up! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator (20g, $5.50)
total value: ~$28

I'm glad I didn't get two of exactly the same boxes, and I'm excited for the shower gel. It claims to be safe and gentle for kids, infants and adults so everyone in my family can use it. I'm not as excited about the nail polishes because I"m a bit over supplied by Julep, but they are a good brand, and I'll have to keep them in mind for gifts if I can get that organized. The sunscreen and lip balm are great and I'm always losing those. I'm satisfied with this month, and will consider if I want to maintain my subscription in a couple months.

2 comments:

  1. What a great way to check out different brands. I was wondering what those were that people post on instagram - are you able to pick what goes in your box?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment!

    No, you're unable to pick what goes into your regular Topbox. But I think they attempt to select items based on your style profile.

    They also send out a link about two weeks before mailing where you can request special "Prive" boxes with one or more items from a special company or concept. For example, teeez mascara, or two nail polishes were options last month. For July there is a benefit: they're real box I would like. I've requested a few prive boxes, but I've never been selected. Yet.

    ReplyDelete