Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Mad Labs Blogger Pack Swatches

A couple days ago I was introduced to Mad Lab Cosmetics. You can find them on here Etsy. Today after the kids were asleep I was able to see what they look like.

Two disclaimers here - I'm trying to get these descriptions down tonight, and by now I'm tired. I've tried before coming back, and even now I feel I'm forgetting the subtleties and complexities. Tired may equal mistakes. Here's to hoping I'm able to make it back quickly to edit.

I have used two types of primers for these, a glitter adhesive and my bare skin. Third disclaimer I had recently used a heavy moisturizer. I am not sure if this might have interfered. I'll find out more when I stick these on my face. 

Here's my order. I have 13 samples and 1 full size to look at.

Top Row: The semi-precious metals
Second Row: My selections
Third Row: Gifts with Purchase



Second shot, same as the first. A bit different angle.


My picks, and the GWP.
Top to bottom: Pink Opal, White Opal, Hidden Treasure, Scumbag Pink, Not Amused, Black Opal, Blue Zircon and Electrum. 


Again, new angle. The light opals may be displaying some shifts. 


Pink Opal, White Opal and Hidden Treasure.


Sorry about the shadows. These two opals were much lighter/sheerer than I hoped. As an October baby, I know I achieve higher powers when I wear my birthstone. Or so my psychic told me. I have used it in a look and it made a fab inner eye highlight. The purdy green seems worth comparing to enchant-mint, a recent COTM of femme fatale. 


Scumbag pink is a winner. Not amused hedges towards being mate. Black Opal wasn't as smooth as like to see but does have the bling.



See? Bling. 



Just a twist to the side to help show how these colours perfume over bare skin.


Excellent samples that I wouldn't have selected were picked for me. On top is Blue Zircon.


And that gold one that reminds me of Goldwater Island is Electrum. 



Another view for sparkle analysis.


The semi-precious collection. Top to bottom is Sandstone, Pyrite, Labradorite, Aventurine, pearl and cinnabar.



Another angle while I dream of Cinnabon. Mmmmm....


Sandstone and Labradorite. I suspect my skin was a bit too moist for the smooth application of Sandstone. However, I do like the tasty orange trail.



Sandstone and Labradotite.


Sandtone and a close up trying to show how freaking pretty the green sparkle on Labradorite. 



Pyrite and Aventurine.


Pyrite and Aventurine.



Pyrite and Aventurine.


Out of focus.



Pearl and Cinnabar. Both of these have matte-like feel. 


A picture tells a thousand words.




Mad Lab Cosmetic's Semi-Precious Collection.



I asked the man which he liked best. His selections were Scumbag Pink and Blue Zircon. I agree. Those are very lovely. I also really like (from these swatches) Electrum, and Hidden Treasure. I had very high hopes for Pink Opal - but I'm not discouraged yet. I think it will pop well over a white sticky base for a calmer daytime look or work well as a highlight (inner eye or brow). I am also lured into the beatiful green sparkle of Aventurine and I know it will be worth the hassle to get it to stick on the eyes. I am also eagar to see how the more matte colours work, and I suspect I am going to like them.

I'm looking forward to using these to make a few looks! What colours would you combine? Have you tried Mad Lab Cosmetics? I'm so glad for my samples, it looks like Mad Lab is improving their game and has creativity yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment