Thursday, July 2, 2015

Birchbox June 2015 'Say Yes!'


Yey! Birchbox (Canada) time! BirchBox is $14.95 per month with shipping and sends 5 sample products to test out. I'm learning the Canadian program is no where near as great at the American. However, I'm still pretty happy with the points for the store (even with paying the required duty). 


Here's my pretty pink birchbox. It's interesting, they use another carrier beside Canada Post to deliver so these guys show up later in the day.


The them this month is Adventure, henve "Say Yes!". 

Gorgeous wrapping and out of place image.




The card detailing the products. I like these. It's odd that sometimes the cost can help me decide if I really love a product or just like it. 




Our first look inside. Hello bonus hair tie!



Bonus Emi-Jay Hair Tie, full size $13, sample value $2.60
Parlor by Jeff Chastain Sea Salt Spray, full size $27, sample value $5.50 (I used this on my kidlet and myself and it seemed to do a great job at texturizing. I had to try it again)


Naobay Cream Moisturizer, full size $45, value of sample $18. Oh no, this is super pricey and so far I'm loving. It does not have SPF but otherwise seems to be a great moisturizer and primer.
Beauty Protector Body Cleanser, full size $19, value of sample $1.90. This is okay.

Costal Scents Revealed 3 sample pallet, full size $24, value of sample $1.92. These colours are quite pretty.
Cynthis Rowley Illuminator, full size $32, value of sample $4. I was stocked to see this as I'm really loving the eyeliner from earlier this year, and I would have bought more if I didn't have half a dozen Julep gel lines. The bottle for this sample is very different than the click pen of the full size. I tried this and squeezed so much out that I looked like Data. 


The revealed pallet really lacks in pigmentation or I have been really spoiled by indies. It's a bit of a bummer for me as I like these four shades. I'll have to try again over primer.


Second angle on the swatches.







I'm not sure if you can truly appreciate how shiny the illuminator made me. It would have taken the hours to assemble Data's look to seconds. That said, it is illuminating, and needs to be used from the sample size with a very light hand. Only a drop is needed. 



My June Birchbox had six items and an estimated value of $31, or $33.60 with the bonus item. I think Birchbox has really been able to select samples I don't know about, yet fit well within my life. Use my link and check them out if you haven't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment