Thursday, July 16, 2015

Eccentric cosmetics lips sample size!


God save the Queen! 


Shortly after my first order, Etsy let me know that Eccentric Cosmetics had added sample sizes. As I had put full-size Petra in and out of my cart several times but just couldn't pull the trigger not knowing if the shade would work for me, I jumped at the chance to test a sample. 



I added a second lip colour for a total of my two favorites in the shop. A sample eyeshadow was kindly included in my order. 


Both samples are labelled at 1.2 mL. This should be enough for several uses and for me to decided if/when I want to order the full size.



Petra in natural light.



Some Petra love. The consistency is nice, very similar to Darling Girl's pucker paints. They slide on e wet and dry. I did have transfer, less with Petra. So far I'm getting about three hours wear - but I do have a baby literally clawing at my face when I have lip products.


And on my face. My gut reaction was this coral did not have enough blue hue to match me.



On my lips! Almost dry. This is a lovely deep purply red. 




A second angle of Aurora Australis. Note it is so odd to not say "BOREALIS". It is also so amazing how small our world is becoming. 




Safety Net is a lovely chamange and I was impressed with how smooth this sample applied.


Here you can see it really packs the sparkle!

I look forward to testing these shades out. Petra is a bit out of my comfort zone, but I think these pictures are more flattering than I remember. Perhaps this shade might actually work for me. I'm still working through my sample order, and so far, I'm really liking them. After No-Buy July (which may extend to 100 days of no buy), I think I will place a third order.

What are your favorites from Eccentric Cosmetics?

No comments:

Post a Comment