Friday, July 3, 2015

Mad Lab Cosmetics - First Impressions


This post will be helped by Horse. Her shadow will be in many of the photos. On the bright side, I actually took some images in the sun. 
Horse taking guard.


My first Mad Lab Cosmetics order (you can find them here on Etsy) came well wrapped (in a bubble mailer I believe) with a very fast TAT, great communication from the owner, and much quicker than I expected.


Gosh, I don't know where everyone finds such cute wasabi tape. 


I ordered a blogger pack to review, and samples of the Semi-Precious collection. In particular I had seen swatches of Labodorite, and I needed to witness it. My order also included two freebies. I'm so amazed when blogger orders, or even my small samples only orders include samples. It's very generous of the owners, and I appreciate being able to try something new.


I choose Pink Opal (October Babies Unite!) for my full size. It was shipped in its own teeny tiny little bag. Fantastic if the lid somehow slipped despite being sticker-ed shut and leaked. No glitter bomb potential here.



Do you want me tot go through and list each shade?


Blue Zircon, White Opal and Labradorite. Just a note for those who may not have used sample bags before. The volume in these appears to be less than what is actually there. The air is all squeezed about and all of these bags offer several applications for me to play with.


Scumbag and Black Opal.


Pyrite and Aventurine.


Pyrite and Aventurine.


And just like in Hamlet, Aventurine and Pyrite.


Here is my adorable helper and her horse.


Aw, that's a nice smile. She can look like she helps and not just grabs bags of colours at will. She _is_ great at arranging them by colour.


Labradorite and Sandstone.

Pearl and Cinnabot.




As you can see, the full size is packed to the brim. You'll be getting your money's worth. Samples and Full sizes are competitively priced, and I'm very excited to see how these look outside the bags.
Here are the lovelies all laid out. be sure to come back and see my swatches! 
Have you tried Mad Lab Cosmetics? Do you shop from indie beauty companies on Esty? 




No comments:

Post a Comment