Thursday, April 9, 2015

Ten Three Labs Mystery Machine salve sticks

 Ten Three Labs is a group I've read about, and wanted to try. I jumped on to the Mystery Machine Pack to try their chapsticks or "salve sticks" as the ingredient list actually didn't have anything I was allergic too. I currently am in love with Notoriously Morbid's Coffin Kissers but they do contain coconut oil, not the best for me. Ten Three seems to base their formula on Avocado, Mango and Castor oils. I've recently switched to cooking with Avocado oil, and I like it.


Pretty packaging, and fast shipping. 


Candies, and a bonus gift. I'll be passing this on to the young one as a reward tomorrow. I gave the candies to the husband equivalent. Everyone wins when I go shopping!



Here is my mystery pack. When I picked these out, you could enter a contest by naming the flavours. I disregarded the information as I assumed I would never get them shipped to Canada in time to thoroughly think and submit. 

1.1 Green: Minty and citrus. Very spring.

1.2 Yellow: Lemon? Very faint.

1.3: Pink: Something yum and fun. Candy? Flowers? Berries? 

I think this is a great way to test the formulas, and I'm looking forward to seeing if I change my mind. I hope my opinion isn't souly based on tube colour! I mention below the Darn Fine Coffee Salve is a bit gritty - I haven't noticed it with these three. 


A look on the inside. This one doesn't taste or smell particularly strong to me. However, after I put in on, I'm always thinking, man someone's coffee smells really nice. ... And the baby isn't drinking coffee yet so it must be this guy. I'm really liking it. It's a tad greasier, and a bit gritty but my lips feel soft and protected. A tiny shield against my hot coffee.


A very sweet hand written note, and potielty explaining what free Gift with Purchase (GWP) I received. 


I picked out a sample of In the Garden of Eden, and was generously given a GWP.


Here's my super quick swatch. I'll have to try the lips product on as I didn't get much colour here. I could be that it is too cold and it's a tad frozen. 

The shadow I picked out might be a very dark green that falls into the range when I see black. The rainbos sparkles are really pretty. I have some really nice deep greens that look deep green to me so I'm happy I picked up a sample and not a full jar. 

I can't recall if I ordered during a sale or if prices may have increased. I paid $11.00 for my mystery pack ($3.67 each), $4.00 for my coffee salve, $1.50 for my sample and only $5.00 for shipping. I'm going to take my time to test these out. Prices may fair to great, but the current dollar exchange is not in my favor, and shipping on the perfume samples and salve sticks was a tad too high to place an order today.



No comments:

Post a Comment