Friday, April 10, 2015

Brija Cosmetics - first impressions


I wasn't quite sure how to write up my Brija Cosmetics Review, but I think I'm going to stick to a series of small reviews as I'm so excited to share these products. I'm also terribly awful at forgetting things, and my wee ones like to priorities limiting my "me time" for things like sharing my love of pretty shiny items. This way, I can tackle publishing one step at a time, and you can get excited to check out the new Mean Girls themed blushes. They look great!

This post is just my first impressions of my Brija Cosmetics Order.

First, it shipped quickly but then USPS took FOREVER for it to get to me. For over 20 days, the tracking information paused and not a thing updated. It did make it. Just a lot longer than I would have ever guessed. Is USPS in the middle of a work-to-rule? Only a few products were worse for wear, mostly all single compacts were broken. I am debating about transferring these to a z-pallet so I will either glue them back together or attach a magnet. 

So pretty! And slightly man-handled by the postal system.

Cute and personally signed print out of my order. It's in colour, so I bet Brija could save money by switching to black and white. This is clearly my companies that I've worked for insisting no colour printing coming out.


The very adorable lid art. I love that Consulting Detectives Duo is so cute, and the image of Dexter is fantastic. Brave and Nothing Sexy are labelled both lid and bottom.


I love that the consulting detectives duo lid art corresponds to the shadow colour. It's a little element that shows the love Brianne has for her products.


All but one had bottom labels. I'm not sure if that is because the Villian's collection is older, or it was an oversight. I'm not bother by it, but sometimes I like to see the ingrediants, shadow name, or company quickly without any extra thoughts.


I wanted to try a gloss so I picked Just as Sane as I am from the Harry Potter collection (another which I've only heard good things). I got the pressed Glamour to Go duo as I think this will come in handy on days were I just need to be G2G and get out the door. Or put my make-up on in the parking lot. Happens more often that I want you to know. THi



The gloss and the back of the shadow duo.


Free gift with purchase and two mini jars.


No contents listed on the GWP, the minis have the information. I find it handy when the shadow specifies lip (and eye for blushes) safety levels. I put a lot of trust the companies I have purchased from have done research and will update if any chemicals/ingredients have status changes.


The pigments, no sifter on mini jars. Sifters are on full jars.


Sample baggies of the G to G collection and a sample of ITK (Ice Truck Killer).


A very quick dry swatch of Allure and BETB. I like the first pressed, and the latter loose. Look for some better swatches later this week, or try using the label tab for Brija Cosmetics to pull them up once posted.



And... A second order placed from the esty store as some products were sold out at http://www.brijacosmetics.com/ . I'm not sure if both stores are going to be kept open (the etsy store was listed for my december OTM bonus pack) or if the esty store will be phased out. 

Packaging as pretty as a present. I've heard this is why some insist on ordering indies.

Wide Eyed Waterline Liner. So excited to try this. My eyes could use some brightening and light colours are hard to find. I only have one other, "champagne" gel liner from Julep. I assume the pencil base was purchased, and they poured.


Can I say how cute the woman behind Brija is? I've read some interview by her, and she is adorable. She also models for her website images, and she is gorgeous. I think this business card suits her wonderfully. 


The bottom of the jars. Zoom in for names.


The Holiday Spiced Drinks Collection. Two shadows, one fine glitter pigment (love) and one cream shadow that can be used alone or as a base. For this collection and the glamour to go, Brianne has both described and demonstrated a simple yet elegant look the collection can be used for. Those that are incompetent like me, love this! She's totally breaking down intimidating walls and allowing everyone access to indie cosmetics.  


The two cream shadows, One from each set. Sugar on the left, spiced tea on the right.



My first look:




Using the scar shade from Villians in the outer crease, Nothing Sexy on the lid, and a bit of Perk Blush on the cheeks.



No comments:

Post a Comment