Saturday, April 18, 2015

FOTD - Brija Cosmetics


I'm trying another look with the Brija Adhesive Eye Wax. I've read good things about it, and from my swatches, it does look like it works really well - almost as good as glitter glue but a bit less POW, in your face. I have been using the wax with the powder primer, but as I've been applying the powder with my finger, I thought I would try again using a brush. 


Here's what I used today:
Eyes (all Brija Cosmetics unless stated otherwise) -
Powder Eyeshadow Primer
Adhesive Eye Wax
Apple Cider
Bachelor Watson
Bright Eyed and Bushy Tailed
Cranberry Fizz
Mulled Wine
Dark Matter's Cassiopeia
Wide Eyed Waterline Liner

Face - 
Perk Blush applied with Sedona Lace Powder Brush 850
Perk Gloss on Lips


One thing I've noticed about Brija Cosmetics are they are very feminine, and it almost seems impossible to over do them. 

I started with the Powder Primer, and then I really tried to warm up the wax. I'm having difficulty getting it to stick to my eye lids and I'm not sure if that's because I'm up in the great white north or that my eyes have started to get all wrinkly. I think it's the first, and I might shelf this primer until the 5 warms days where eye sweat happens. By rubbing my finger several times, I was able to get the wax to melt enough I could get a thin layer. 

I stated with Cranberry fizz as a inner eye highlight hoping to get the blue/pink sparkle. I worked towards the outer eyes patting then blending Apple Cider, Cassiopeia, Mulled Wine and Bright Eye and Bushy Tailed (BEBT). I blended the edges with Bachelor Watson, and used BEBT as a liner (which is it fabulous!). For under my eye I used Mulled Wine and a touch of BEBT. I finished with Wide Eye in the waterline, and I think this might be a favorite. I want to try setting this liner with powder to see if I can get flashes of bright colour to actually stay in my water line.





No comments:

Post a Comment