Thursday, April 9, 2015

Hello Waffle *moonlit grin* 2014 vs 2015

Not too long ago I discovered Femme Fatale had some hidden Hello Waffle jems. I picked up Moonlit Grin (I think it was mislabeled as Moonlin Grin) quick as a bunny. You know, like a Mad Hare?... 
Last month (before I actually received my Moonlin Grin), when the collection was re-released on Hello Waffle, Christine announced she has changed the formula, to a deeper teal. I wanted to check it out and pick up Pool of Tears.


First, Hello Waffle has updated packaging. Instead of formal paper labels, they are now slick, latex stickers. They feel much more durable, and I would panic less if a drop of water was on the counter. They have a richer feel, and seem more professional. I think the jars may have been updated as well. My Femme Fatale order did not have the special edition lid art, but my new one (thankfully!) does. That's one cute Cheshire.



Here's a change I don't like. The cute little Waffle Kitty is now missing from back. I do like the crisp feel and additional information. I also like the two-tone touch.



Today I'm going to compare Pool of Tears as I read it was close to the old (2014) Moonlit Grin to the new variations I own of Moonlit Grin.

In the name of science:


I used bare skin (B), primer (P) and a glitter adhesive (G).

Left to right: Pool of Tears, Moonlit Grin (old, 2014), Moonlit Grin (new, 2015) and some more 2014 moonlit grin as they are so different I wanted to march sure I didn't make a mistake.


Here's another angle. Pool of Tears and Old Moonlit Grin do look similar, but Pool of Tears has a lovely golden shift to it. The sparkle in New Moonlit Grin is harder to see, and even over the sticky glitter adhevsice isn't very prominant. It does look like a different shade, although for my talents appears harder to use.



Another angle to show shifts.


Blurry for sparkles:


One last look. 

I can understand why the formula was changed. It did last the longest without fading, but I suspect it might also dye the skin underneath.


FYI: I used Glitter Fix from Glamour Doll Eyes, and my sample of Stay, Don't Stray from Benefit. I am still not found of this primer (and hence why you might see me using it to swatch) but I do like how each of these shades performs best over Glitter Glue. 

I'm glad I have the new Moonlit Grin, especially as the change seem so drastic. For me, the functionality of the shade has completely change. I'm sure it fits the Hello Waffle collection as whole better. I'm also very happy I have the old Moonlit Grin as I can see myself using that one more. I love Pool of Tears although the difference is subtle. Honestly, I love my aqua-teal sparkles that I don't quite have the guts to wear. Everyday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment