Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Beauty Box 5 January Review

Beauty box 5 is a monthly subscription box for $12 a month plus $3 shipping to Canada. I prepaid $99 US for a year worth's of boxes.

This box has been heavily critiqued, and it makes sense why.

The theme is "Hello!", to welcome the new year?

I was lucky to get a costal scents pallet in colors I like. Both nude and amber bronze are lovely and work for my skin tones. Value (based on a larger pallet) $.67

Sample of Soft Soap Body wash and Fructis sampoo. Both of these were impossiable to get out of the packages. Estimated $1 each, but I don't think I have the patience to use them. 


I received a nicer pattern than most for my salon effect nails. Rumour has it that these were the $9.99 claimed but now can be bought for $1 most locations.



Ultraflesh mascara in Blackout. As suggested in a review I read, this is a swipe of the mascara. Straight into the trash. Apparently this mascara hasn't be available for 2 years. Assigned no value.

Things are ALL bad:

My beauty box 5 boxes (and Luxe Box boxes/Julep boxes) make great storage organizers. Perfect for holding my heart rate monitor.

Is this worth $15 US per month?... I used to argue that all the items in my bb5 were used unlike other boxes. But when the value doesn't even come close to the regular price before shipping, this argument fails. This box is worth about $4, maybe less. I'd rather buy this shampoo and body wash myself in full sizes while still saving from the cost of the box. I hope the occasional deep discounts offered for this box haven't prevented the box from being better.

No comments:

Post a Comment