Thursday, December 18, 2014

Luxe Box Winter Box Review

I still have mixed feelings about Luxe Box by Loose Button. I love that it's a Canadian company. I have some quads about service including not receiving boxes. I paid $25 for this box (semi-annual plan). Of all the boxes I subscribed to I thought this is the one that would be the best.

Each box is to have "a minimum value of $70+" and 7-8 products. 

I was able to log into my account and see my items prior to receiving the shipping notice. Which they originally sent out the shipping numbers from my previous Luxe Boxes, corrected the next day. I really wanted to upgrade to the Enchantress Box for an extra $8 but didn't because my first upgrade box had gone missing.


I love the boxes and the bags that they use. I find the are fantastic. 


There was a nice welcome letter. However it was a bit wrinkled detracting from the feeling of being a valued customer.

Foil Packet of Butter London Matte Lipstick. This sample was so small it was hard to tell if the trouble I had applying (and the creasing/staining outside) was due to low quality lip stick or logistics. Full size $20, sample Free. 


Burt's Bees Lip Crayon in Niagara Overlook. I like this colour and I look forward to trying it out on me. $10. 


Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool firming face Gels for smile lines. This might be really nice. I certainly have some wrinkles in my smile lines. Full size 8 gel packs, $35. One gel pack, $8.25

Amika Perk-Up Dry Shampoo. I like this one. I have two samples like this I haven't used yet. Sample size 30 mL, $10.


Paula's Choice Clinical KP Treatment Cloths. These have good reviews and will be gifted to someone with more use for them than me. Sample size 10 cloths, $14.


Suki Exfoliate foaming cleanser. Smells like lemon cuticle oil, but it does have an expiry date on the bottom. Sample size 30 mL, $10.95


Nicole by Opi in Profoundly Purple. This tiny bottle comes out the colour of mud. It's awful. I even tried to use it to remove my current nail polish, but even that didn't work. Sample size 3.75 mL, $3.99.


When I saw two eye-lash curlers I immediately checked to see which item I was missing. I wasn't. Loose Button places the value of these at $20 each.





The total value of these 7 items (I can't count the little snippet of lipstick as an item) is about $77.25 which meets and exceeds the claim of $70 value. 

I'm still torn if I should drop this box, or keep it another round. I don't like that I have to call to cancel and I'm sensing that I might not be able to cancel due to my subscription renewing next week. If you're interested, please use my link to save a few extra dollars each quarter. 

What did you get in your box? Are you a Luxe Box Fan? Did you upgrade? 

No comments:

Post a Comment