Monday, December 1, 2014

Beauty Box 5 November Review



Beauty Box 5 is a monthly subscription box that features 5 beauty samples each month for $12 US plus $3 shipping to Canada. I prepaid for a yearly subscriptoin early this year for $99, meaning each box is about $8,25 plus shipping. 


The little green boxes come with an info sheet to let you know what is inside, and sometimes provides promotional deals.

Let's check it out!



Dentek Floss pick case, pack of 4 $2.49, this sample $0.62. Note that this pack did not come sealed meaning trust in sanitary handling must be applied.

Hask Macademia shine oil, 5.8 fl oz, $2.99. I've used this with my other hair products. It's a nice oil, nothing of note.

Dove Deep Moisture Body Wash, $6.49 for 22 oz, sample $0.52

Laura Ashley Body Butter, $20 for a pack of 6, sample $3.33. Smells nice, feels a bit weak and greasy.


Afterfeather Refillable Travel Bottle, $8.95 for two, $4.50 for one. This is absolutely adorable. However, it's just one bottle so I don't know if I will ever use it. It's a shame.



The total value for this box was about $11.96 - just under breaking even if you paid the full price. Almost half of that value is from the bottle, although lovely, I likely won't use. It's been said over again that this box is one of the cheapest, and that is reflected in the quality of these boxes. However, I find I use most of the items on a regular basis. I like that. But... I'm only going to use maybe $5 from this box. I think I would rather spend $12 on something I really like or better yet apply the $8.25 I paid on my student loans instead.





No comments:

Post a Comment