Thursday, December 18, 2014

I think I obsess about checking my balances

And I don't think it's a good thing.

It started off as a way to keep me on track and focused on my new end goal. But even before I wanted to be debt free I would check in daily on my bank accounts, weekly on my credit cards, every month or two on my students loans, and no longer than three months on my mortgage once I had one.

But now my bank account is the first thing I check when I wake up, the last thing before I sleep, and probably once per hour in-between. Just like on The Price Is Right, "That's too much!".

I've got a pretty good budget that I think will work for January. I'm excited to try it out and continue to use it into the new year. If it goes as planned, I can save a bit of money to buy back my pension plan while paying almost twice the minimums on my debts. Not as good as I want, but it does mean by staying very frugal I will be able to stay at home with the kids. Oh, I'm also thinking of a shopping band for the new year. I'll let you know how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment