Sunday, December 7, 2014

My Every Day

Fresh as a daisy, I get up up at 6 am (5:30 if the husband equilivant needs to leave early for work) and put a 45 minute work out in, maybe expressing some breast-milk before a cardio workout to reduce the pain and build up the storage in the freezer. After a quick shower, the newborn wakes up and feeds. The toddler wakes up shortly before 8am.

I feed the toddler breakfast and start some chores (Laundry, prep for dinner) between sips of coffee and checking emails. After she eats we either run our errands quickly and efficently or go out to play. I am able to get lunch served at ready at 11:45am. All three of us have a nap after lunch, and I wake up to do more chores - say fold the laundry, sweep the floors, wash the walls. If the day is nice, we go out for a walk, or stay inside and play with toys, colour and read books. I feed the baby quickly, and am able to make a tasty and healthly dinner complete with dessert ready for soon after the husband comes home. Dishes are done, left-over put away, and tables cleaned up immideatly after. The kiddos get to bond with dad while I relax. Bath time, teeth brushing and pajama story time are next and without a fuss the toddler goes to sleep before 7:30. I spend another 15-30 minutes cleaning, 30 minutes with the husband feeding the baby and prepare for bed at 8:30 pm including basic care like face-washing and teeth brushing. I'm alseep by 9 pm, up without problems to feed the baby again at midnight, and maybe again at 5 am - ready to work out on the next morning.

....

....

...

My reality?

Much more chaotic and sleep deprived. Less workouts, more messes. Attempts to remember everything I have do, lucky if I get one done. Groccery shopping in a complete haze. Trying to tell the toddler to stop emptying the whole tube of lotion, eating all the oranges, re-arranging all the shoes, ripping up floor boards while I try to feed the baby for what feels like the 3rd time that hour. Wiping baby puke off my face with my sweater and getting the toddler "the big ones" to distract her from trying to revert to nursing again. Spending two hours juggling the two kids while one has gas and needs a good burp that can't happen because the other repeats non-stop "I don't wanna go to my rooooooooom". Waiting for the husband equilivent to come home so that I just might be able to go to the potty in peace without a chant of "Mommy, don't close the door!!". Constantly checking my bank accounts/loan account and trying to see if I can put just a little bit more on my debt that month. Staring at the pile of laundry, looking at the clock of 1 am, and deciding a few hours of sleep are far more important than a clean house. Barely getting my contacts out and hitting the pillow before the baby wakes up to nurse, which wakes the toddler. Every morning the husband is home, I'm so, so , so grateful for the extra 30 minutes of sleep he gives me by watching the kids.

It's going to be awhile until I get those 6 am runs to the lake in...

No comments:

Post a Comment