Thursday, December 4, 2014

November Top Box Review



Top Box is a Canadian Beauty Box that sends 4 beauty samples to subscripbors each month. There is a short waiting list to get one but as it's christmas one could bypass the wait by purchasing a present for themselves. $12 per month plus taxes.


First, I do feel duped by an email sent out to Top Box customers indicating if 1000, or 10,000 liked Benefit's instagram account, a benefit sample would be in the November Top Box. It was phrased to sound like an extra sample would be included, NOT one of the samples would be benefit. I fell for it, liked benefit, and now feel foolish. 

Benefit Cosmetics, stay flawless. 16 mL full size, $38. Haven't tried as I'm being stubborn. 

Elizabeth Arden Flawless Future Caplet Serum. 30 mL full size, $72. Sample $5. It's neat how the beads combine with the serum, but like all serum I need to combine it with moisturizer and my face looks good, but maybe it's just because I'm so tired I can't see the wrinkles.

Eyeko Black Magic Mascara, full size $24. Sample $12. I like this and I like the inventive packaging.

UniqOne All in One Hair Treatment. 150 mL full size, $20. Sample $1. I haven't seen anything special using this. I prefer the Argan Oil and the Fortune Cookie Soap Hair Oil but I'll use this sample up. Mostly I just think about all the poor kids named "Uniq".

The total value I arrived at for this box was $18. I've been using the face serum, and the mascara. I'm undecided if I should cut TopBox from my list of boxes or keep it as a Canadian Treat for the months were I get something amazing that I love. 

Did you get a TopBox this month? Are you annoyed at the Benefit Bait-and-Switch too?

No comments:

Post a Comment