Friday, January 16, 2015

Ipsy January 2015

Ipsy is an American beauty subscription box that sends out 5 samples for about $10 per month plus $4.95 shipping to Canada.

This month is a durable blue and white bag to welcome the new year and a #fresh start.


First up: Probelle Into the Blue nail polish, full size, $6.00. Ipsy was thoughtful to wrap this polish in bubble paper to prevent breaks. Blue is a great colour for a fresh start as the association with the Virgin Mary.

 Coastal Scents Liquid Eyeliner, sample size in Jet, $2.95 for full size. I used this to draw a flower on the toddler, and it worked nice. It probably would do a good job as an eyeliner as the tip is a small tapered brush. 




Malin+Goetz mojito lip balm, full size, $12.00. This reminds me of what my dad used to buy as a kid. I can't recall the name. It worked well, but wasn't girly enough for a 12 year old. 


La Fresh eco-beauty good day, day moisturizer. Full size is $40 for 50 gram .. so math suggests this sample size is $12.00. This product is just so cute. On the back it indicates the best way to be beautiful is to get lots of sleep and love (in more words). I'll save it for a surprise if you decide to buy/try the lotion. I am also delighted that this company sells dog products along side my human products. Truly for the whole family. 

Pacifica natural mineral eye shadow in Etheral and swatch of the Pacifica eye shadow. Pretty close to my natural skin tone but sparkly. This is a much nicer formulation than my last Pacifica sample which despite being pretty colours was totally unusable. Set of 4 sells for $14, estimate value $3.50 

I estimate this month's Ipsy bag to be worth $36.45. Given that I love one of the more expensive products and like the other one, January was a good deal with a couple bonuses. Please use my link here if you're interested in joining Ipsy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment