Thursday, January 15, 2015

Topbox January 2015


Topbox is a Canadian beauty subscription box that sends 4 samples monthly for $12.00 plus taxes. Shipping this month was incredibly fast! I receive this box on the 13th, 2 days ahead of the normal shipping date of the 15th of the month. I actually received my shipping notice today! I currently have a gift subscription that started this month, so I wasn't able to select a prive box. I don't know if this will be an option for the duration of the gift subscription. 

The products arrived in the standard tube mailer. I've been asking the husband equivalent to cut more of these in half so I can use them to store my brushes/mascaras.



First were two products I received last year. 

Benefit Cosmetics stay flawless 15-hour primer, sample 1.2 g, $6. I have tried this once, and I wasn't wowed by it. However, as the package is so darn cute, it gets to stay in my medicine cabinet in case I have a need for it. 

Bioderma Sensibio H20 Micelle Solutionn, sample 100 mL, $8.75. I've used my first one with cotton pads to remove my make-up. It works nice, and like promised, hasn't interfered with my contact lens.


Miracle 10 Skincare AHA Cream, 10 ml, $12.80. Anything that warns about the need to wear sunscreen makes me nervous. This has a nice smell if I'm willing to risk the consequences You can read the top google results here and here. It is suggested that Alpha Hydoxy Acid irritates the skin (which causes the cells to grow and "smooth out" the area where it was applied) which results in sensitivity. My most favorite foot lotion contains AHA - but assuming the product doesn't enter the blood stream, my feet are less likely to see sunlight in winter than my beautiful face. 



Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Color moisturizing lipstick. There is definitely enough of each color to test a few times. I think the pretty pink may work best with my skin tones. I like that they also include a mini brush to help you access the sample without making a very large mess. 

The total of this month is about $27.55. I did get two repeat products (one of which I will use) but this was accidentally under a new profile. Overall, I'm happy with this month's Topbox.http://www.topbox.ca/

No comments:

Post a Comment