Friday, August 8, 2014

Luxe Box Summer Vows Review

Yeah... I hope the first thing you notice is that I didn't get my summer vows box. I received the shipping notice for both my regular box, and my summer vows which I had bought from the boutique for $35 because I was quite excited for Luxe Box and I wanted to try them both a regular box and a special limited edition. Retrospectively it probably would have been better to buy another subscription ($26, $25 or $24/box on quarterly, semi-annual and annual plans) and pay the upgrade ($6).

Here's what is included in the Summer Vows Limited Edition Luxe Box:

Summer Vows

SUMMER 2014 EDITION

Explore the soft world of pastels this summer with our very sweet edition, Summer Vows.

Whether you are attending a summer wedding or planning a romantic date, these eight discoveries will have you covered from head to toe.  


Products Included:

Nails
  • Nicole by OPI | Sweet Surrender (3.75 mL)

Eyes
  • Eyeko | Skinny Mini Liquid Eyeliner in “Black” (1.18 mL)
  • Teeez | Spectrum of Stars Eyeshadow in “Vanilla Sunbeam” (Full Size)

Hands
  • Crabtree & Evelyn | Ultra-Moistuising Hand Therapy (25 mL)

Scent
  • Hanae Mori | Butterfly (4 mL)

Hair
  • Nexxus | Youth Renewal Elixir (4 mL)

Body
  • DERMAdoctor | KP Duty Moisturizing Therapy (30 mL)

* Bonus Product for Him:
  • English Laundry | Notting Hill Eau de Parfum for Him (5 mL)


Shipping Date: Mid-June

*The first 100 members to upgrade to the Summer Vows Edition will receive Engish Laundry, Notting Hill (5 mL) as a bonus product. Members receiving the bonus product will receive a confirmation email by June 15. 




 I ordered in time to get the English Laundry, Notting Hill bonus product. Which, due to a love of Hugh Grant films, I was excited to gift to my boyfriend. 

received both shipping numbers (for my subscription box and my limited edition box) on the same day. The second shipping number never moved from waiting to be received. I was good, patience and waited the 2.5 weeks as requested online before contacting Loose Button about a missing box. After a month of emails back and forth, I was told a replacement box would ship. I later received a tracking number that, just like the first box, never moved. I contacted Loose Button again after 8 business days of waiting. Somehow, my box made it into the mail that night. A few days later, it was at my door. 

Here's what I got:
\
I will admit I do like these boxes. They are very nice and sturdy. 

A look inside and at the pouch the products arrived in. 

2 x 25 g tubes of Crabtree and Evelyn hand lotion. Both of these are on sale right now for $8, and both of these tubes look slightly ... damaged. $16


A very nice pair of tweezers, a 4 mL Nicole OPI nail polish in a cute bottle, and a full size teeez eye shadow.  I believe this is the same shade of polish as the limited edition box. Tweezers $13, polish sample $3.99, teeez shadow estimated value after conversion $23.

The back of the shadow indicating the colour, paradise bird. Sounds pretty. I'm not sure how I feel about this being the only full size, non-damaged product. This is close to what was offered.



Vera Wang Lovestruck perfume sample. I don't like this scent, and I'm find the tube very awkward to use without spilling. Size 4 mL, currently selling at  sale price of $32/3.4 oz (down from $78).  Estimated sample value $1.28, regular price $3.12


                                   
Close up on the perfume.



Eslor sample package (actually this made me realize I probably didn't everything from my beauty box 5. That package only had two samples not four). Estimated value $15. But these are foil sample packages. It feels a bit like a let down to be the second highest value in the box, the third being tweezers.

Nexxus Youth Renewal, 4 mL sample. This does smell pretty, I'll use this. $14.99 for 28 mL, value of sample $2.14 



The whole lot, total estimated value $ 74.42. Really?.. Doesn't feel like it.

I forgot to include the bonus package of crest white strips valued at $5 for all luxe box customers.

Customer service, although very polite, doesn't answer questions leaving me wondering what is actually happening. Unfinished thoughts like "we would love to send you a replacement box." with out indicating if one will actually be sent drive me a tad insane. I like it when professional companies are very clear, and I expect them to have experience with these kind of issues. I understand the limited edition sold out, so I think I was hoping for something fantastic. Worth the $35 plus tax from the boutique, the $71 plus bonus promised price tag. Something like the eyeko liner I lusted for. Something to say "we're sorry, we lost your order". Something nice.

Instead I got what looks like random stuff they had lying around. As my boyfriend put it "The tweezers are nice". Yeah.. That's about all I can say. Although the "value" is close to what I ordered $74 compared to $71, I feel really let down and I am not happy about this box. I have one more left on my subscription and I plan on calling to cancel in October. *sigh* I hate having to call in, I really thought I would love this subscription box.

If you love a gamble, and want to see if you'll get your own luxe box in the mail, please use my link. It apparently comes with a special discount, meaning your might save $1 or $2.  There's a tempting Be a Bombshell upgrade (for $13).

Products Included:
  • Be a Bombshell | Lip Gloss in "Caliente"
  • Be a Bombshell | Eyeshadow in "Tempted'
  • Be a Bombshell | Blush in "Glowing Goddess"
  • Be a Bombshell | One Stick in "You Glow Girl"
  • Be a Bombshell | Lip Crayon in "Some Beach"
  • Loose Button | Blush Brush

Shipping Date: Mid-September




No comments:

Post a Comment