Saturday, August 9, 2014

Canada Student Loans Lost My Payment

Remember how I was debating about setting a goal to eliminate my smaller student loan? As such, I made a few payments (say 5) in about two weeks time, and was planning on making two more and having this little guy gone (but a fair amount of the balance actually transferred to my line of credit which has a nearly identical interest rate). Why? Because I -was- am wanting a win. Paying off my credit feels amazing, and has kept me from ranking up the total, but it's still credit available to me. A spiral of bad decisions (or something bad happening) and it could be back up there! As soon as this once massive now wee loan is gone, it's gone!* *unless I decide to return to school, but I would really like to be debt-free before I considered additional education.

Everyday, I've been logging in and waiting to see what these extra payments will do to my balance (drop it!) and how they change my daily interest rate - something weird that has kept me really focused on dropping the balance. I notice a payment I made never was calculated! Immediately, I pick up the phone and call. After a twently minute call, they think I made the payment to the wrong account number. To prove I haven't, I have had to fax 10+ pages of my banking documents and they will "look into it". I should hear back after 20 business days.

But... I wanted to pay this guy off this month... Which I know my goal three weeks ago was by the end of December, two weeks ago by my birthday in October, and somehow it moved up to next pay check. Which is how much time I'll give them to find my payment. It will take away from my vacation, but I really want one of those loans gone! It also makes me wonder if they have "lost" any of my other payments...

Have you ever had a payment you made lost? What did you do? Did they find it?

No comments:

Post a Comment