Sunday, August 3, 2014

August Goals

I'm not ready to release a budget yet because I'm still playing with numbers. I do, however, have a ton of goals I'd like to see accomplished.

I'm debating about taking money from my line of credit and using it on my smallest student loan. If I do this, I can actually get that guy paid off before maternity leave. I absolutely hate paying debt with more debt but I keep thinking the mental benefit of one less creditor to pay.

I would like to get my savings to $1000 and my EF to $750 before October and had calculated how much per pay to put on each. I'm debating about focusing on the savings this month, and the EF in September. IF I can make the numbers work to hit the goal. Otherwise, I'll stick to my slow and steady plan.

I want a plan to pay back the money I would be taking out from the line of credit, and seeing how much room I can put back in before October/November where I might need to use these funds.

I'm also planning a short vacation, and I'd like to have $500 in spending money/food budget/transportation/etc. I would like to spend less, but it's so nice to have more than you think you'll need when you go somewhere.

Once I decide on which goals are reasonable, and if the stretch goals are in reach, I'll solidify my budget.

To repeat, I think my goals are:

August:
1. Pay off smaller student loan
2. Bring savings to $1000
3. Find $500 for vacation
4. List a few more eBay items to achieve above goals then take a break
5. Go on vacation! De-stress!


September:
1. EF to $750
2. Pay back $1000-$2000 on line of credit
3. Feel prepared for maternity leave
4. Set up baby's room, see if any needs are missing
5. Save up for daycare costs in case the baby arrives early
6. Keep emotional/impulse shopping in check

What are your goals for August? Are you going to enjoy the remaining summer? Do you every change your budget on the fly?

No comments:

Post a Comment